Reaching the Best of Every Child.
To create a community of learners which empowers students to be independent thinkers, build good character, and become leaders. IAS creates a culture where students are empowered to become 21st century learners which are prepared for the real world. Our mission is to reach the best of every child by employing skilled teachers and by providing students with an environment which is conducive to learning and inclusive education for all. IAS is committed to building strong partnerships with parents and the community.
IAS is committed to developing independent, confident, and 21st Century Learners by:
- Promoting a balanced and rigorous American Curriculum which is aligned to California Standards.
- Promoting a curriculum which caters for students' physical, social, emotional and cultural development.
- Creating learning environments which are student centered, engaging, and meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Developing inclusive learning environments which provide both support and enrichment to meet the individual needs of students.
- Targeted and focused instruction and interventions which raise student achievement and impact student progress.
Respect: We believe in the inherent dignity of all people, celebrate individuality, value and appreciate diversity, honor self and others through words and actions.
Trustworthiness: We will always deliver what we promise, and we will never promise something we can't do. We know that trust is the most important aspect of our work. We are committed to doing the right thing, every time.
Resilience: We recognize that the challenge of educational inequality is significant, and that I will take sustained effort to achieve our goals.
Independence: Teamwork is essential for success, but being independent of thought and actions, ideas helps us develop our unique character and contribution to the world
Responsibility: We are responsible and responsive to communities and environments in which we work, always ensuring that what comes from the people goes back to the people many times over.