Safeguarding and Child Protection Guidelines
International Academic School is about delivering quality education to all students under our care. We recognize and value that the first step in enabling children to realize their potential is to make them feel safe, and secure in the school environment.
Our school is inclusive, and we share a commitment in ensuring the safety and well-being of each student. Our procedures and practices are implemented with the sole aim of anticipating areas of threat and where incidents of concern arise, we take every step to protect and safeguard children under our care.
The staff in our school are made aware and trained to work efficiently and effectively to ensure that any suspected concern is handled systematically and in compliance with the regulations set by the authorities.
Overview of our guidelines, processes and procedures:
- We have a clearly stated policy for safeguarding and child protection that outlines the roles and responsibilities, reporting procedures and accountability for all members of staff
- We value the wellbeing of our students and families. In case a safeguarding concern should arise with your child, we will promptly communicate the matter to you keeping in mind the need to maintain confidentiality for the safety of the child. We will also take the requisite steps to address the concern in full compliance with the norms prescribed by the authorities.
- We practice safe recruitment processes and incorporate thorough safety-checks when recruiting staff and volunteers to work with children.
- Ensure that all school personnel (paid/ voluntary) are trained to safeguard and promote the welfare of children under their care. Every member of the school staff has access to a copy of the School Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and is trained to observe, handle and report incidents in the event of a suspected incident of abuse.
- We also establish systems and procedures to work effectively with other organization to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, including arrangements for sharing information (e.g. child protection agencies, police, healthcare, mental health services and legal practices)
The school is committed to the well-being of our students and families. Should you wish further guidance or need to voice a concern, kindly contact (add information of the Designated Safeguarding and Wellbeing Team.